Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Gosport Borough Football Club


First team - Match centre

Gosport Borough
A Dawson (28'), L King (80')
Full time
Unknown (8', 12', 16', 24')
Tue 12 Sep 19:45 - The Evo-Stik South - Premier Attendance 167

Seventh consecutive defeat for Gosport

Four goals in 24 first half minutes ensured Boro's misery was to continue but a spirited second half fight back raised spirits.

After 24 minutes of the game against Farnborough, it was clear that Gosport Borough were heading to yet another Evo Stik Southern Premier Division defeat.

4-0 down with not even a third of the contest complete, no-one dared bet against an away win. But just as even the most ardent Gosport fan began to fear a repeat of the recent mauling at the hands of Basingstoke, their team gave them hope.

Hope for the rest of the season with a spirited second half display which warmed the heart on a wet and windy evening. Aaron Dawson's consolation at the end of the first period was the catalyst for a gutsy second instalment which saw Gosport keep a clean sheet for the rest of the game and reduce the arrears further with another strike from captain Luke King.

Compare the contrast if you will. The first half saw more sloppy errors leading to the game slipping away early on with the low point being the fourth goal from Callcutt, who gleefully netted with a free header from a corner.

The second saw fighting spirit aplenty with tighter defending and vastly improved performance. But ultimately as encouraging as that was for the 167 who turned out on a vile evening weather wise, Gosport remain without a single point from their opening seven matches and a point adrift of nearest rivals Dunstable.

The evening started with so much hope for a positive result. Alex Pike made further changes to his team after the weekend reverse at Biggleswade. Jack Crook and Craig Haddelsley started at the expense of Ousman Saidy and Tyrell Mitford.

The game got underway with the teams lashed by the torrential rain and gale force winds with Dawson being denied by Farnborough keeper Cairney. The miss was costly as the visitors were ahead after eight minutes with Walker’s long range effort sneaking past Cafer at his near post.

It got worse still for Alex Pike’s men as they were caught fast asleep minutes later and Perry Coles nipped in to flick the ball over Cafer to double the visitors advantage. The nightmare worsened as quickly as the weather as the experienced Cureton rapidly made it three with a sublime volley from the edge of the area leaving Gosport with a mountain to climb. And it was to get way worse with Callcut making the most of a free header from Southam’s corner making it four as it sailed past Cafer.

Aaron Dawson finally broke Gosport’s three game league goal drought with a close range effort being deflected up onto the underside of the bar and in to give them a glimmer of hope.

Cafer denied the visitors a fifth with a point blank range save from Evans as the visitors continued to control the game into the interval. The weather worsened after the break but Gosport re-emerged from the warmth of the dressing rooms looking refreshed and with an edge they'd lacked in the opening 45 minutes.

Alex Pike made a double change, bringing on Hall and Mitford for Buse and McCarthy on the hour after 15 minutes of little incident to open the second period.

Gosport eventually reduced the arrears further as Luke King poked home from close range. James Granger’s free kick tested Cairney but the Farnborough keeper did well to hang on to the ferocious effort.

Coles had a brace of chances to extend Farnborough's lead deep in stoppage time but failed to take advantage.

Gosport must now wait ten days before their next league assignment at Stratford and must now take their second half performance into a double cup bill against Swindon Supermarine on Saturday and Basingstoke Town next Tuesday.

5 sports clubs amongst winners in the Jewson Building Better Communities competition.

Key moments

Goal Goal for Farnborough
Goal Goal for Farnborough
Goal Goal for Farnborough
Goal Goal for Farnborough
Goal Aaron Dawson scores for Gosport Borough
Goal Luke King scores for Gosport Borough


View 0 new events
80:00 Goal 2 - 4
Luke King scores for Gosport Borough
68:00 Sub On
Alfie Lis is substituted on for Gosport Borough
68:00 Sub Off
Chinedu Vine is substituted off for Gosport Borough
60:00 Sub On
Tyrell Mitford is substituted on for Gosport Borough
60:00 Sub Off
Declan McCarthy is substituted off for Gosport Borough
60:00 Sub On
Jamie Hall is substituted on for Gosport Borough
60:00 Sub Off
Matt Buse is substituted off for Gosport Borough
End of period 1
28:00 Goal 1 - 4
Aaron Dawson scores for Gosport Borough
24:00 Goal 0 - 4
Goal for Farnborough
16:00 Goal 0 - 3
Goal for Farnborough
12:00 Goal 0 - 2
Goal for Farnborough
8:00 Goal 0 - 1
Goal for Farnborough
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Gosport Borough
  • Farnborough
  • 0
  • Goal 8:00'
  • Goal 12:00'
  • Goal 16:00'
  • Goal 24:00'
  • Aaron Dawson Goal 28:00'
  • Tyrell Mitford Sub On 60:00'
  • Declan McCarthy Sub Off 60:00'
  • Jamie Hall Sub On 60:00'
  • Matt Buse Sub Off 60:00'
  • Alfie Lis Sub On 68:00'
  • Chinedu Vine Sub Off 68:00'
  • Luke King Goal 80:00'

Team selection

Gosport Borough
  • 1. Matthew Cafer
  • 2. Luke King
  • 3. Jack Crook
  • 4. Declan McCarthy
  • 5. Harry Medway
  • 6. Ed Sanders
  • 7. Matt Buse
  • 8. Aaron Dawson
  • 9. Chinedu Vine
  • 10. James Granger
  • 11. Craig Haddlesey
  • 12. Tyrell Mitford
  • 13. Jamie Hall
  • 14. Alfie Lis
  • 15. Ousman Saidy
  • 16. Jack Breed

League round up

Other Premier results

Redditch United
Basingstoke Town
Merthyr Town
St Neots Town
Bishop's Stortford
Kings Langley
Chesham United
Royston Town
King's Lynn Town
Slough Town
St Ives Town
Kettering Town

League table

# Team Pl Pts
18. Bishop's Stortford 46 52
19. Dorchester Town 46 51
20. Farnborough 46 51
21. Kings Langley 46 38
22. St Ives Town 46 33
23. Gosport Borough 46 19
24. Dunstable Town 46 17

Team sponsors


Club sponsors